(Images courtesy of Bushwick Daily and Blonde Art Books)
BABZ Fair 2017 Reviews
Bedford + Bowery
Road, Read, Blog, Fest, Promote, Distribute a conversation with Christopher Kardambiki, Paper Cuts, Clocktower Radio.
Book Du Jour: Kitsch Encyclopedia by Sara Cwynar, Self Publish Be Happy, January 6, 2015.
“As a publisher myself, and because I love independent, small run print projects, because I love the way that material books must now justify themselves in the face of digital publishing strategies, because that material justification makes the book infinitely more interesting, as publishers and authors alike push and pull against the boundaries of conventional book making—for those reasons and more, I wanted to ask Breslav about the origin and agenda of BABS.” – In Defense of Material Circulation: Blonde Art Books’ Traveling Show. By Caroline Picard, Anobium, July 17, 2013.
– Chicago’s first art book fair happens next month. By Laura Pearson, TimeOut Chicago, July 17, 2013.
– Literary Event Mecca Emerges From Bushwick’s Bookstore Void. By Meredith Hoffman, DNAinfo New York, July 25, 2013.
– NY Based Blonde Art Books Tour Comes to Chicago. By John Wawrzaszek, Gapers Block, July 16, 2013.
– Bushwick Print Matter(s) at Blonde Art Books. By J Straw, PRETEXT, June 10, 2013.
– The Zinophile: On the Art Side, Street Scenes and Punk Scenes, Fictional Skinhead Style and Transit Spaces. By Tobias Carroll, Vol. 1 Brooklyn, April 10, 2013.
– The scenery changes three times. By Candace Moeller, thisisnotartcritique, March 25, 2013.
– Which Bushwick Bookstore Is Right For You? By Virginia K. Smith, Brooklyn Magazine, March 12, 2013.
“In a move that will delight book lovers and art fiends alike, the book-centric blog Blonde Art Books has opened a permanent store in Bushwick.” – Regardless of Your Hair Color: Blonde Art Books Opens in Bushwick! By Frances Gill, Bushwick Daily, February 27, 2013.
– Just Beat It: How was the great gallery nite in Bushwick? By Allison Galgiani, Bushwick Daily, February 20, 2013.
– Blonde Art Books at Schema Projects in Bushwick, Brooklyn, NY. By Rachael Morrison, ART MAG, January 28, 2013